Steve Van Dyke Memorial Scholarship
For Dependent Children of Current, Full-time, Commissioned U.S. Law Enforcement Officers
Steve Van Dyke was the founder & executive director of the United States Deputy Sheriff’s Association from its inception in 1995 until his passing in 2010. Mr. Van Dyke was a dedicated supporter & advocate of law enforcement and his mission continues
USDSA is pleased to offer a memorial post-secondary education scholarship program for dependent children of current, full-time commissioned law enforcement officers.
Scholarship Amount: $2,000/year
Application Period: February 1 to June 1, 2022
- The applicant must be a high school senior or college student.
- The applicant must be the dependent son or daughter of a current, full-time commissioned law enforcement officer in the United States.
- The recipient must attend an accredited community college or four-year college or university in the United States.
- The recipient must be enrolled in a minimum of twelve (12) credit hours per semester.
- Recipients are only eligible to be awarded the scholarship one time
- The applicant must submit the official USDSA scholarship application, certified high school/college transcript, and signed media release.
How to Apply